Our System Service Upgrade represents a significant step for Centreville Bank and will allow us to deliver our customers exactly what they deserve; the best banking experience possible. Whether in a branch, at an ITM or via Online Banking, we want to ensure that you understand how committed we are to your satisfaction and we view this Upgrade as a testament to that commitment.
Over a period of four days, our team will be working around the clock to bring all of our customers together on an upgraded and unified core system. When completed, you will benefit from a seamless expanded branch network across two states and a comprehensive suite of digital and convenience services that rivals any financial institution.
A project of this size involves many moving parts, some of which will impact our customers, so please take the time to carefully review the content of the booklet and the information referenced within.
Our staff is ready to answer your questions and will be available for you throughout the Upgrade, as well, so we encourage you to reach out. By staying informed and understanding what will be taking place, you will help us to ensure that this process goes smoothly. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Please know that your relationship with our Bank is deeply appreciated and we look forward to continuing to provide you with the best banking experience possible for years to come.
Harold M. Horvat
President & CEO
Important Note About Timeline Updates
While we plan to execute the System Service Upgrade according to the schedule outlined below, we recognize that adjustments may be necessary. We encourage all customers to check our website and social media accounts leading up to and during Upgrade Weekend for the latest information on dates and times.
Upgrade Weekend: Branch Availability Overview
Please review the Upgrade Timeline section for a complete list of dates and times with details.
|Friday 12/4||Saturday 12/5||Sunday 12/6||
|Branches & ITMs||Closing at 4 PM||Closed||Closed||Open Regular Hours|
|Customer Contact Center||Closing at 4 PM||Available (limited support) 9 AM - 2 PM||Available (limited support) 9 AM - 2 PM||Open Regular Hours|
|Online Bill Pay||Available until 8 AM||Unavailable||Unavailable||Available by 10 AM|
|Online, Mobile &
|Available until 4 PM||Unavailable||Unavailable||Available by 10 AM|
|Debit Cards||Lower daily limits in effect at 6 PM||Lower daily limits remain in effect||Lower daily limits remain in effect||Standard daily limits reinstated|
What Will Stay the Same
- Account Numbers
- Debit Cards and PINs
- Your existing checks
- Your Direct Deposit or ACH payment schedule
- Your Online Banking Username
- Your Bill Pay enrollment and payees
What Will Stay Be Updated
- New Single Online Banking & Bill Pay for Consumer & Business Customers
- New Single Mobile Banking App for Consumer & Business customers
- Telephone Banking menu
- Statement design
What Will Be Added
- Unified and expanded branch network across Rhode Island and Connecticut
- Online account opening
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3 - Upgrade Preparation
- 2:00 PM - Mobile Deposit Unavailable
Mobile Deposit will be unavailable and remain unavailable throughout the weekend.
- 4:00 PM - eStatement History & External Transfers Unavailable
eStatement history will no longer be available for download and external transfers will be unavailable.
- 4:00 PM - Enrollment Cut-Off for Online & Mobile Banking
New enrollments will no longer be accepted for Online and Mobile Banking until after the Upgrade is complete.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4 - Upgrade Begins
- 8:00 AM - Online Bill Pay Unavailable
Online Bill Pay (Consumer & Business) will be unavailable and remain unavailable throughout the weekend.
- 4:00 PM - All Branches Close (includes ITM service)
All branches close and remain closed throughout the weekend.
- 4:00 PM - Online, Mobile, & Telephone Banking Unavailable
All will be unavailable and remain so throughout the weekend.
- 4:00 PM - Online & Mobile Alerts Disabled
Account Alerts set up within Online or Mobile Banking will be unavailable and remain unavailable throughout the weekend.
- 6:00 PM - Debit Card Limits Adjusted
Debit cards will continue to work at ATMs and for point-of-sale purchases but daily limits will be lowered to the following:
- $500 - ATM Cash Withdrawals
- $1,500 - Debit Card purchases (Consumer)
- $2,500 - Debit Card purchases (Business)
SAT & SUN, DECEMBER 5 - 6 - Upgrade Continues
- All branches remain closed (including ITM service).
- Account access remains unavailable including Online Banking, Mobile Banking App and Telephone Banking.
- Debit Cards Remain Active with Adjusted Limits
Debit cards will work at ATMs and point-of-sale purchases but with lower daily limits.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 7 - Upgrade Completion
- All branches (including ITM service) reopen regular hours
All branches, including ITM service, reopen for regular Monday business hours.
- Debit Cards Return to Standard Limits
- 10:00 AM - New Online Banking & Bill Pay Available for Login
Customers can login to (or enroll) in Online Banking and Online Bill Pay.
- 10:00 AM - New Mobile App Available for Download
Customers should delete their existing Mobile Banking App and download the new version.
- 10:00 AM - Telephone Banking Available
Customers will be able to access the updated Telephone Banking system.
Important Note About Timeline Updates
While we plan to execute the System Service Upgrade according to the schedule outlined above, we recognize that adjustments may be necessary. We encourage all customers to check our website and social media accounts leading up to and during Upgrade Weekend for the latest information on dates and times.
- Read the Entire Booklet!
During the upgrade, there will be periods where you will be unable to access your accounts via branch or online channels. It is extremely important that you take time to review the information in the booklet to understand exactly what will be taking place and how it may impact you as a customer.
- Save or Print eStatement History
If you need to retain eStatements older than 18 months, please download and or print them before 4:00 PM on December 3. Online Banking will retain the last 18 months of history going forward.
- Document Your Existing Account Alerts
You will need to reestablish any existing account alerts in Online or Mobile Banking after the Upgrade. We recommend that you make note of any current alerts to use as a reference following Upgrade Weekend. Please note account alert history will not be carried over to the new system.
- Plan Ahead for Cash Needs Over the Weekend
If you will need extra cash on hand or plan to make withdrawals from an ATM during the Upgrade, please be sure to plan your finances accordingly.
- Schedule Bill Payments Accordingly
Schedule Online Bill Payments for before or after the Upgrade. If scheduled to be delivered/paid on a date when the Upgrade is in progress, it will not be processed until Monday, December 7.
- Review Updated Fee Schedule
There will be changes made to the Fee Schedule that take effect December 1, 2020. Please take the time to review prior to the Upgrade.
In addition to the booklet, we have included the disclosure information listed below for your review.
Updates have been made to ensure that all customers and accounts are in alignment across Rhode Island and Connecticut to create a unified banking experience for all.
Please take the time to review this important information prior to the Upgrade and reach out to our Customer Contact Center at 800.377.4424 with any questions.
The updated Online Banking system is scheduled to be available on Monday, December 7 by 10:00 am.
The new Online Banking system will feature all the services you’ve come to rely on and offers an updated, more user-friendly design, as well. Please note the two important items all Online Banking users should be aware of prior to the Upgrade:
- The new Online Banking will unite Consumer Online Banking and Business Online Banking into one single system. There will be only one Login tab for Online Banking after the System Service Upgrade.
- You will be required to authenticate your credentials and reset your password upon your first login to the new Online Banking.
Pre-Registration Option (Coming Soon)
Customers will soon have the option of pre-registering for the new Online Banking. Pre-registration allows you to authenticate your credentials and reset your password before the System Service Upgrade.
- We will provide notice when pre-registration is open and include the link at that time. Look for information via email, on our website and within Online Banking.
- You are not required to pre-register. You can complete the authentication and password reset at any time following the System Service Upgrade.
Pre-Register or First Login (Online/Mobile)
Whether you choose to pre-register or wait until after the System Service Upgrade is complete to login, you will authenticate your credentials the same way.
Please use the information below for pre-registration or your first login to either Online or Mobile Banking:
- Username - All Customers: Your current username for Online Banking
- Password - Consumer Customers: Last 4 digits of SSN followed by your five-digit zip code
- Password - Business Customers: Last 4 digits of Business TIN (EIN) followed by the five-digit zip code of the business address
After successfully submitting the information, you will immediately be prompted to create a new password. You will now be able to use the authenticated username and password to access either Online or Mobile Banking.
- Consumer and Business Online Banking will be consolidated into a single system
- Existing payees will be carried over in Bill Pay
- 18 months of eStatement history will carry over - save any additional history needed before 4:00 PM on December 3
- You will need to reestablish any Account Alerts
The new Mobile Banking App is scheduled to be available for download on Monday, December 7 by 10:00 am. It will be available in the App Store and Google Play.
A new, single Mobile Banking App for use by Consumer and Business customers will be introduced as part of the Upgrade. Please review the Online Banking section for details on your first login to either Mobile Banking or Online Banking.
- Customers can access their existing Mobile Banking App until 4:00 pm on Friday, December 4.
- The existing Mobile Banking App should be deleted prior to installing the new version.
- Search for “Centreville Bank” or “CB Mobile” in the App Store or Google Play to download the new Mobile Banking App.
- Consumer and Business customers will use the same Mobile Banking App after the Upgrade.
- The Consumer and Business Mobile Banking Apps will be consolidated into one single app
- Download the new App after the Upgrade
- You will need to reestablish any Account Alerts
The updated Telephone Banking system is scheduled to be available on Monday, December 7 by 10:00 am.
- You will be required to authenticate your credentials and reset your PIN upon your first login to Telephone Banking.
- The Telephone Banking number will stay the same: 888.823.6077
Please use the information below for your first login to the updated Telephone Banking:
- PIN - Consumer Customers: Last 4 digits of SSN followed by your five-digit zip code
- PIN - Business Customers: Last 5 digits of Business TIN (EIN) followed by the five-digit zip code of the business address
After successfully submitting the information, you will immediately be prompted to create a new PIN.
The Telephone Banking system will also have an updated selection of menu items as outlined below:
- Press 1: Access Your Account
- Press 1 Transfer between accounts
- Press 2 Make a loan payment
- Press 0 Speak to Customer Contact Center
- Press * Return to Previous Menu
- Press 4: Report a Lost or Stolen Card
- Press 0: Speak to the Customer Contact Center
After the System Service Upgrade, customers will be able to do their banking at any of our branch locations in Connecticut or Rhode Island.
- West Warwick (Main Office) - 1218 Main Street *
- Coventry - 777 Tiogue Avenue *
- Cranston - 193 Comstock Parkway *
- Cranston (Opening Soon) - 56 Rolfe Square
- East Greenwich - 495 Main Street *
- Narragansett - 1115 Boston Neck Road *
- North Kingstown - 234 West Main Street
- Providence Loan Office - 66 South Main Street *
- Warwick - 578 Greenwich Avenue *
- West Greenwich - 834 Victory Highway *
* Locations include ITMs (Interactive Teller Machines) with live banker assistance and extended banking hours.
- Putnam - 40 Main Street
- Price Chopper (Putnam) - 251 Kennedy Drive
- Danielson - 125 Wauregan Road
- Gales Ferry (Ledyard) - 2 Chapman Lane #13
- Griswold - 461 Voluntown Road
- Norwich - 40 High Street
- Plainfield - 11 Pratt Road
- Pomfret - 100 Averill Road
We know that there’s a lot of information to review but our team will be here for you before, during, and after the Upgrade. Our Bankers are available to answer your questions at our branches and you can always reach out to our Customer Contact Center for support. Our Customer Contact Center is available at 401.821.9100 or 800.377.4424 between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm Monday – Friday and 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturday.
- Nos falamos Portugues
- Se habla Español
Stay Up to Date: Follow Us on Social!
You can stay up to date with the latest information on the System Service Upgrade by making sure your email address on file is current and by following us on our social channels.